Dr Christos Kouimtsidis has been invited to give a talk on “Treatment pathways for alcohol dependence; can we promote sustainable abstinence?” at the National Substance Misuse Non-Medical Prescribing Forum on Friday 20th of April at 10:15 am.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Improve patient safety by increasing access to specialist prescribing in the treatment of people with substance use disorders.
- Provide a forum where non-medical prescribers can exchange experiences and share and disseminate good practice, to explore problems and challenges and enable peer support and extend professional networks.
- Contribute to the continued professional development of its members via educational presentations and facilitating peer learning by discussion and reflection.
- Provide a forum for consultation on documents and concepts pertaining to the development of non-medical prescribing in the substance misuse field.
- Influence policy makers and other professional organisations to promote non-medical prescribing in the substance misuse field.